HP printers play a vital role in business-related activities as well as it is used in various other fields of working. But we get so pissed off when we see any HP printer error message on display screen of the printer. For example, when printer display screen shows printer is not activated Error Code 20. This error code is caused by an issue with the HP printer not being correctly configured your system.
There are several reasons why the HP printer error code 20 appears, include the following:
- The printer driver is missing
- The printer you are using does not seat as the default printer.
- There is conflict in the device manager
- Registry errors on your system
So the first thing we think, so first need to ensure that you have your HP printer set up correctly and that you don’t have any damaged or corrupt setting on your PC, that might prevent your printer from working and give the HP printer error. Here are the following steps you should take to resolve the printer not activated error code 20issue.
Solutions for the HP Printer Error Code 20
Step 1 Make sure you are using the default printer in your system. Now
- Click start printer and faxes
- Look through the printers folder, and if the desired printer icon is not there, then proceed to step 2
- If the desired icon is on the screen, see if it has a check mark next to it. It simply means that it is set as the default printer
- If the check mark is not showing on the screen, right click on the printer and click the set as default printer option
- Once you have finished that, right-click the printer and select the print test page to print option
- If the page starts printing successfully, exit the printer folder and try printing out a word document
- However, if that fails, apply another method in step 2
Step 2 Reinstall the USB Composite Device
Reinstall the USB device would just be like starting over again with a new printer. Reinstalling the device to check your device is working properly.
- Right-click my computer and select properties
- Next step is to click the hardware tab and then click device manager
- In the device manager window of your PC, make double-click universal; serial bus controllers
- Now Right-click USB composite device, select uninstall and click OK
- Disconnect USB cable from your PC and reconnect
- Install the drivers and follow the screen instructions in Found new hardware wizard
- Click start then select printer and faxes to open the printer folder
- Find the icon which shows your HP printer and click print test page which will print a self-test page
- Now try to print any document if self-test page prints successfully.
Step 3 Registry Clean-out
This is considered as one of the biggest cause of the HP printer error 20. The registry is a database inside the window system, which stores vital setting and files that your computer and software required to run. Every time you open your software, it needs to read many registry settings to help it run. But many times this settings become damaged and corrupted and giving printer not activated error code 20, making it difficult to read for windows. So to fix this problem, clean your registry by using registry cleaner software.
HP Customer Support Contact number:
After doing all these steps if you are still facing problems in printer related issues, then contact HP Customer Support Contact number and get the best possible solution for your queries. HP Customer Support Contact number is 24 hrs. Available for the assistance of their clients. Whether you have problems in printer dial HP all in one printer customer care number.